Thursday 29 September 2011

Syarikat Motosikal Sunny

I'm back in Kuala Lumpur because the bike needed a service, I was only in Ipoh so it was just 200km along expressways into the city.

Everyone mentions Sunnys as the place to go for servicing here, I tried to find it last time I was here but I'd been looking at an old post on Horizons Unlimited with their old address.

For future reference it is here now (the green arrow, not the red marker):

Address: Syarikat Motosikal Sunny, 37 Jalan Pahang, Setapak 53000, Kuala Lumpur
GPS: 3.179802, 101.700992
Email: sunnycycle@gmail.com
Phone: 0340211661 or 0340216611

And the reviews are all correct. I wandered in expecting to come back the day after or do it myself (no problems there really), but they changed my oil, oil filter and brake pads on the spot! It took less than an hour, but I was looking at all the other bikes in there so I didn't really notice the time. He even used a Torque wrench to tighten everything back up (I have NEVER seen that in Australia. There they have left my axel nut undone, or put the front sprocket on the wrong way round... etc... but that's a different story).

Here it is, waiting to get new oil.
The bike on the right of the picture is Simon's bike from 2ridetheworld. I believe they've gone home for family reasons. I had a couple of random people in out of the way spots come up and mention that they had been in Malaysia. It looks like they've been at this travelling malarkey for longer than I ever plan to be!

So highly recommend if you're in the area! It ended up costing about a third of what it would in Australia, I would not have even got the parts for that price.

Bonus humourus restaurant name photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment